Saturday, January 30, 2010

Depressed?

I was wondering, am I depressed because:

a. it's rainy winter in Oregon?
b. Andy Wakefield was vilified by the dastardly UK General Medical Council?
c. there is no good produce to buy in January?
d. Tate refused to cooperate, as in sit quietly, at the past 2 school assemblies and I had to miss the girls performances?
e. my name means "dark" ("dark truth" even with my middle name)and I was born on a Wednesday ("full of woe") and thus a touch of melancholy is unavoidable?
f. all of the above.

Thank you to free radio on last.fm for giving me October Project, Susie Suh, A Fine Frenzy and Corrinne May to listen to this week. Good music makes everything better.

That and a glass of wine.

1 comment:

  1. I can't stand to read the Wakefield stories. Honestly, scientific papers are duly and undramaticlly contradicted all the time. Memo to the other side: making such a huge fuss seems like a pretty suspicious tactic.

    (One can only hope historians will write as much in textbooks 100 years from now anyway.)

    Hey! I think produce is a cheerful topic. I am all about the roasted root vegetables lately. It's my winter version of salad. Try tossing some yams, potatoes, carrots, parsnips & red onion (or some similar combo) in a little olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary & ginger. Bake at 425 until soft. It's really delicious! Also I think your little "in season only" friend would approve.

    ReplyDelete