Saturday, December 12, 2009

Onward Waldorf Gnomes, Marching as to WLF...





Like a mighty army moves the church of God;

brothers, we are treading where the saints have trod.

We are not divided, all one body we,

one in hope and doctrine, one in charity.
--------------------------------------------------------
Hey, look! A post I forgot to post! Oops!
I made these 200 gnomes for the school's Winter Light Faire. It was my first ever paid commission. No one has ever paid me to make anything before. No one probably ever will again. I made the princely sum of $1.50 a hour. Although, I could have just charged them in itunes gift cards. I was perfectly content sitting on the floor of my office sewing gnomes and listening to new music downloads.
The Pocket Wizard at the Faire had these in his/her pockets for children to choose with a ticket. Which is weird when you think about it - are we teaching our kids to be pick pockets? I meant to get a picture of WLF and the Pocket Wizard. But I didn't. Ooops. I was to busy and crazy from the baking for Cake Walk and the Crystal Cookie Cave, decorating and re-merching of the school store. And boy was I glad I pulled Tate out of Kindergarten, otherwise I'd have had to add baking for the Bakery Booth to my list of WLF tasks! There are not many families at our school with more than 2 kids, maybe this is why... (well, maybe tuition is part of it too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment