Friday, September 25, 2009

My 10%




















First go to itunes.

Type in Joan Jett.

Choose "Bad Reputation".

No, no, no, no, no, no, no.
Not me, me, me, me, me, me, me.
Hell, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.
Not me, me, me, me, me, me, me.

Download it. It's only $.99. I'll pay you back.

Listen to it and read this post.

Think about your 10%
-------------------------------------------------------------


When I was in a parent-tot program a few years ago, one of the women mentioned in conversation that there are always going to be about 10% of the people that you know who just don't like you. Nothing really can be done about it. They just aren't gonna like you for once reason or another. Or no particular reason at all. I was completely floored to realize that she was absolutely right. It is so liberating to me to be freed from trying to get along with everyone and "be nice". Sometimes you just can't.

I had an arduous day. There were meetings and discussion. There were attempts at compromise. Dave left work to help. It was not pretty. I had to knock some heads, as my Granddaddy would say. I added a few people to my 10%. But I did what was right and what needed to be done. My kids' days will be easier because of it. So "I don't give a damn, 'bout my bad reputation". You shouldn't either. Go forth and kick ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment